Saturday, March 15, 2008

Vending Takes New Role in Marketing Promotions


While doing this blog I've found out a lot about the promotions going on now, and this one is one of the best ones I've read about. This article, Vending Takes New Role in Marketing Promotions, written just last night outlines a really cool new type of dispensing coupons to consumers. There is now technology that allows vending machines to spit out coupons after a customer makes a purchase! I don't frequent vending machines that often, but I think this is an amazing way to market products to consumers and I would definitely go back to the vending machine that gave me a coupon.


This is not the only thing vending machines are being updated with, there are even vending machines that have touch screens with different options of paying method. The article goes into detail about how this type of marketing really targets people "in school, at the work place, at means of transportation, and at places of entertainment." This technology was developed by Walker Digital and could really change the way companies promote their products.


These vending machines dispense the normal chips and candy bars, however, you can receive a coupon that is redeemable for a free item at a restaurant or $5 off a $25 purchase. This is a really great deal because vending machine products are usually only in the $1 range and you can receive $5 off a $25 purchase which is not hard to spend. Also I always think highly of brands and stores that give good coupons and I would definitely be more likely to revisit a store if I got a worthwhile coupon so any store that takes part in these vending machine coupons would get a better score in my book. The only thing is that I always feel like these cool coupon deals and GSTV type contraptions are never in my area, but I'll say it again, I hope to receive a coupon after my next vending machine purchase.

1 comment:

Kim Gregson said...

2 good posts - i hadn't heard about the gas station tv network - there are a lot of these private networks that reach a huge audience - we need to find out more about them